These tasty little teasers were a delicious snack before dinner last night.
They’re fairly easy to make and were a hit at my house. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Makes 20 pot stickers and about 1/3 cup dipping sauce.
4 ounces ground pork
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red pepper
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon sherry
1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup water
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/ tablespoon sliced green onion
- Combine the pork, green onions, red pepper, 1 tablespoon water, teriyaki sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet the edge of the wrapper, fold over, and seal the edges in a triangular shape. Do the same for each of the 20 dumplings.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 10 pot stickers to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flip the dumplings. Cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully pour 1/2 cup water in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Uncover the pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes until the liquid evaporates. Remove the pot stickers to a warm serving dish.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining 10 dumplings.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, ginger powder, curry paste, chili sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon sliced green onion in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Spoon a bit of dipping sauce over the plated pot stickers and pass the bowl for further dipping.